|Shadows of Brimstone||Game by Jason C. Hill|
We ran a successful Kickstarter Campaign for Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress in October/November of 2016. It is planned to release to retail in Spring of 2018. For a limited time, you can Late Pledge for the Kickstarter and get an amazing deal on the game and its expansions.
Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress is a brand new, fully cooperative, dungeon crawl adventure board game, set in Feudal Japan, and is part of the Shadows of Brimstone™ game series! Players take on the role of courageous Heroes, fighting back a tide of evil creatures and demons that have invaded their world! Play as the stalwart Samurai Warrior, using your mastery of the Katana and your bushido code of honor to defeat your foes in combat, the nimble and deadly ninja Assassin, using stealth and speed as weapons, the Traveling Monk, a member of an ancient Yamabushi order devoted to fighting supernatural creatures wherever they may be found, and the powerful and mystic Sorceress, who wields Elemental Magik to crush her enemies.
Set in Feudal Japan, the Heroes must brave the Forbidden Fortress; a feudal castle overrun with all manner of Demons, Ghosts, and Monsters inspired by Japanese myth and legend. The massive Oni, red beast-like ogres wielding giant clubs, stalk the halls, while deadly Tengu sword masters descend from the skies with their raven wings to attack the Heroes. Legions of Samurai Dishonored Dead rise from the grave, and writhing Acidic Tentacles burst from the floor to spit acid and feed on the Heroes with their razor sharp teeth. But at the heart of the fortress lie the most terrifying and epic foes of all; the Harionago, a ghostly, demonic woman, held aloft by the twisting strands of her animated hair, which is also used to entangle and slash at the Heroes with its vicious barbs, and the towering Living Statue, possessed by Darkness to break away from its posts, wreaking havoc and smashing the castle it was once built to protect!
- Includes 27 beautifully detailed, multi piece hard plastic, 32mm scale game miniatures for the Heroes and Enemies, each designed with dynamic poses and detail perfect for painting.
- Immersive adventures and story driven gameplay, using the expansive and popular Shadows of Brimstone™ Game Engine.
- Fully Cooperative, with all of the players working together against the game itself
- Dynamically generated adventures, 12 different Missions, and 4 unique Heroes with many options for customization, the game is designed for massive replayability.
- Easy to learn with simple but fun gameplay and rewarding thematic story moments as you progress your Heroes.
- Built-in Campaign system for keeping your Hero characters from game to game, finding new items on your adventures and gaining new skills and abilities as you go up in level.
- Heroes can visit a Feudal Japanese Village between mission to re-stock and re-supply before the next adventure, having a mini-adventure in town.
- Double-sided Map Tiles include a Forbidden Fortress of Feudal Japan on one side and the Belly of the Beast OtherWorld on the back side for the Heroes to explore; stepping through a shimmering portal and continuing their adventures in an alien world inside of a massive living creature.
- Over 250 game cards, a full set of beautifully illustrated, double-sided Map Tiles, a host of dice and counters, and all of the large Hero and Enemy record sheets needed to play
- Includes a CD Soundtrack of original Music, created to set the mood while playing.
Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress can be played on its own as a stand-alone game, or it can be used in combination with any and all of the other Shadows of Brimstone products already available! It is fully compatible, in every way! For new players, Forbidden Fortress will make a great introduction to the world of Shadows of Brimstone, and for veteran players, it adds a ton of new content, including two brand new Worlds to explore - the Japanese castles and temples of the Forbidden Fortress and a living world inside a massive creature in the Belly of the Beast. It also includes a brand new set of Heroes and Enemies to add to your games. With the option of starting your Heroes in Feudal Japan or the Old West, or having a mixed party of Heroes, drawn from both worlds, the possibilities are endless!
The Belly of the Beast OtherWorld
Forbidden Fortress also adds a brand new OtherWorld on the back side of the Map Tiles… The Belly of the Beast! Backers from the original Brimstone Kickstarter may recognize this as an OtherWorld Stretch Goal that was not unlocked during the original campaign. When we started formalizing what would be in Forbidden Fortress, the idea of adding the Belly of the Beast as the OtherWorld on the back side of the tiles was a perfect fit! What could be more in keeping with the Japanese theme than allowing the Heroes to find their way through a portal that leads inside of an unspeakably massive creature; battling all sorts of living organs and parasites, and fighting off the Flesh Mites, Acid Blobs, and Parasitic Tentacles that inhabit this ‘living’ world.
Shadows of Brimstone: Forbidden Fortress
Shadows of Brimstone Rulebooks
Forbidden Fortress uses the same Rules as the original Shadows of Brimstone. Download Ruleook here [|Shadows of Brimstone Rulebook PDF]
- Temple of Shadows Deluxe Expansion
- OtherWorld: Forest of the Dead Expansion
|Shadows of Brimstone|
This category currently contains no pages or media.